I hate upgrading WordPress, even though it’s definitely not any fault of the software or the upgrading procedure, because it’s very easy and it has so far never failed. Still, I worry. Perhaps because if something goes wrong, I don’t know how to fix things on my own and would need help.
Anyway, I’ve now updated WordPress to the latest version and most things seem to be functioning normally. So far, I’ve found the following problems. If you find anything else that isn’t working properly, please let me know!
– Chinese and Swedish characters aren’t displayed properly
– The post listings for the categories are ugly
– The feed isn’t working
This is the first step in my attempt to redesign and restructure this website, let’s hope the process continues as smoothly as it has now begun.
Update, unicode problem: Chinese (中文) and Swedish (åäö) alike should be displayed properly now. The problem arises when converting to new versions of WorpPress, but by changing a few parameters, it’s possible to let WordPress revert to the old way of handling charactersets. The solution to the problem can be found here.
Update, ugly post listings: The plugin I use, customizable post listings, had some new syntax that wasn’t compatible with older versions, but it should be working now.
Update, feed not working: No progress, but I’ve found tons of other people with similar problems, but as yet no solution that works. I’ve specified the problem a bit here.